Tuesday, January 08, 2008

hmm...

I was talking to a homeschooled guy about a month or so ago about school and stuff. I told him what college I was going to and he said something about how his friends that go there say it's hard to witness because it's so secular.

.... o_O

Are you going to witness in church?!

His friends were correct in saying that my school is very secular. You can feel the depression in the people. Not many people are truly happy and honestly I don't think I've ever been in such a dark place. What else could happen when all they teach is basically just avoidance of God?

Even though being at this school could potentially depress some Christians. Actually, I don't think it would depress Christians. If you are walking in the light then the Lord will be leading your to witness to others. And that is truly the most joyful experience I've had in the past year. This last year has been a growing period for me and the years prior seem like growing up in a bubble (hahahah.. I almost said, "like veal" hahah!! But I wasn't eaten, so it wasn't really like veal... lol). Not that my childhood was bad, but I was surrounded by other Christians. I went to church, Sunday school, Awana, Christian co-ops, youth group, youth camps, Bible studies... I was raised in a Christian environment with little interaction with non-Christians. There was some interaction, but never every single day.

Then January 2nd, 2007 came around and ****BOOM**** there I was.. Smack dab in the middle of secular center. But what an opportunity to witness! In the darkness a light shines all the brighter.

I don't know all of what God is doing through me at school, but I have seen some things. Like the way He opened up the hearts of two of my new friends so I could talk to them about the Lord. He is good and I'm so glad that He's put me in the world because this is truly living. We need to minister to those who need Him.

The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,
Isaiah 61:1


Go out there, you guys, because it is a very dark world and they need Him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the encouragement Elyse. I totally agree with you.

Unknown said...

This little light of mine...doo doo do doot doo dooooo

Sir Brian The Manly said...

I was raised by a cup of coffee!