Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Looking back

Well I've officially been in college for one year. Today went a lot better than last year's January 2nd. The Lord has taught me so much in college, and He has given me opportunities to share Him with others. I think the biggest lesson that I learned about in 2007 was about my need for humility. I also learned so many other lessons in the last year. I found these verses and I think they sum up my year. I have the words fortress, consolation, love, and support written on my mirror to remind me. He is my fortress, the only one who makes me feel safe.

Unless the LORD had given me help,
I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death.

When I said, "My foot is slipping,"
your love, O LORD, supported me.

When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought joy to my soul. (vs. 17-19)

But the LORD has become my fortress,
and my God the rock in whom I take refuge. (vs 22)
-Psalm 94: 17-19, 22

What else can I do in response to that love but give my all to Him?

No comments: