Monday, November 05, 2007

He makes me feel like dancing!

This weekend was AMAZING. None of my girls were broken and eagerly desiring God and that disappointed me, but God certainly had a plan.

I wasn't just ministering to them, He was ministering to me through them.

And now I feel like dancing.

I saw Mrs. Taylor on Friday and she got so happy to see Allie and I that she said, "GIRLS!" and ran over and gave us hugs. I saw her last night and I think what she said sums up my feelings. "This is what we were created to do, so it's no wonder that we feel so full."



I feel full. How do you feel? I said Jesus' name this weekend, I shared my faith with 3 ladies and I prayed with all of them. Today I witnessed to a girl that I've been sitting in the hall with for an hour each day before English.

And now I feel like dancing.

She had come to the festival with her father, and I had also invited her. She came on Friday and she said it was interesting. Her father's life mission is to convert her, she says. She said she has become jaded by his efforts. But in my opinion she wasn't jaded.

Jaded is seeing a person raised in church but still not believing. How can you get through to someone who has already heard EVERYTHING? You can't. You have to trust that God is working on their hearts and you have to be patient. But people raised in the church are the hardest to witness to.

She definitely wasn't jaded. She researched religions this weekend because she was really confused and she said she's starting to favor eastern religions. So I asked her why and she said something about how connected they are to nature. So I told her how God made the world for His glory and when we see nature we go, "Wow God! You made all of this so wonderfully!" So I explained to her what the Christian view of nature was.

She said how her dad made her jaded and that she doesn't think he's a good Christian. But she said she thinks that I'm a more accurate display of a Christian, I've told her that I am not going to hit her with my Bible because I know that won't make her go, "Jesus! yay!" I've told her that before. But it was SO encouraging to have her actually being curious!

How the Lord works! At the beginning of this quarter I was wondering how I could share Jesus with her. I was reading this pamphlet I got at the Christian Life and Witness class about friendship evangelism. It talked about not beating them over the head with a Bible, but showing love to them and getting to know them. Then they get to know your character... And the author said he likes to think of people with the Spirit of the Lord moving over them, meaning that the Lord is working on their hearts... And you never know how YOU are being used for God's will.

So anyway! It was super! And I took pictures from the festival on the last day just by the way.. 0_o

So I have a question for you. How full are you? Are you living quietly? I felt so stifled not being able to talk about my Lord around that girl, but she knew I was a Christian because I had talked to Connor about his testimony and other stuff. But it was nice to finally talk to her about Jesus and to proclaim His name and His power.

His word really is a fire shut up in my bones..

I'm going to take this opportunity right now to say that the Lord is glorious.

In my heart, in my heart, there's a fire burning
A passion deep within my soul
Not slowing down, not growing cold
An unquenchable flame that keeps burning brighter
A love that's blazing like the sun
For who You are and what You've done

And as the fire is raging on
So Your praise becomes my song

The whole earth
Is filled with Your glory, Lord
Angels and men adore
Creation longs for what's in store
(Mountains bow and oceans roar)
May You be
Honored and glorified
Exalted and lifted high
Here at Your feet I lay my life

From the ends of the earth
To the heights of Heaven
Your glory, Lord, is far and wide
Through history You reign on high

From the depths of the sea
To the mountain's summit
Your power, Lord, it knows no bounds
A higher love cannot be found

So let the universe proclaim
Your great power and Your great name
-Filled with Your Glory
by Starfield

No comments: