Saturday, November 03, 2007

Why?

So I saw a guy tonight at the festival and I know him because he was in my last English class. I REALLY didn't like him. I thought he was over-confident and had a huge ego. That's how I perceived him.

I was completely shocked one day to hear him reciting Scripture to another guy in the class.

Still, he was the most over-confident, smug, sure of himself guy that I have ever met.

Why do I loathe him so much? I really wanted to talk to him tonight.. I mean seriously. If he truly is my brother in the Lord I shouldn't be having this problem.

Besides the fact that Amelia and I relentlessly mocked him.... He accused me of wanting to go to Northwest JUST to get my MRS degree. AND he was serious. So sometimes he deserved mocking...

But really? Why do I have such a problem with him? If I see him tomorrow I'm going to talk to him.

I don't have trouble liking people. I usually like everyone... Why is it that he is the only one who has grated my nerves enough to make me dislike him?

I would compare our relationship to that of Lalita and Darcy in Bride and Prejudice. *sigh*

I don't want to be like Lalita. And I certainly don't want to fall in love with the guy... I just want to be able to not dislike him so much... Is that too much to ask?

2 comments:

Sir Brian The Manly said...

You can't marry him!!

Unknown said...

Ha Ha Ha

Seriously, you're not going to like every Christian that you meet. Sometimes you will strongly dislike them, believe me I know this! But God wants us to try and see them as He does. Not to be their BFF, but to extend mercy and grace.

Laters, and I agree...you can't marry Him. I would probably kick his heiny.