Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I just finished my first speech for Public Speaking. It was about my "diverse heritage."

I've decided that I can't think about it any more or my head will explode. I always feel like I do so horribly but usually it all turns out ok. So I cannot analyze it right now! I'm taking a mental break. I still have a lot left to do but oh yeah!!! I finished my first speech and I didn't die! This is a good thing. I will say some things about it buuuuuuuuuut I'm soooo tired! Today is a really long day. Anyway. Dr. Z said that we could talk about our religious heritage, educational heritage, she pretty much gave us free reign. So I talked about how my Grandma is the main reason that I am saved. I was kind of nervous about talking about that because I go to a very, very secular community college and being a Christian is not usually smiled upon. I wasn't the only one who spoke about that. There's a lady named Cherrie and she's a Christian. She said how for a while she thought her identity was from her position (wife, mother, daughter, sister) and she wasn't too happy with that. Then she started going to church and she realized that her position is in Christ. She spoke before I did and it really encouraged me.

But I've never been this vocal about my faith in a class before, in this class you have to be vocal with your classmates, unlike math or English. So yeah...

But the whole thing wore me out. I got a lot done though! I finished the lab work in like 2 and a half hours. I also started researching for my essay.

The temptation for me right now is to worry, to try and control things. A verse I found last night really reminds me of how I should not be trying to control things.

"Look to the LORD and his strength;
seek his face always."
-Psalm 105:4

No comments: