Monday, September 17, 2007

Good Monday

Well tonight was the second Christian Life and Witness class. I picked Allie up and brought her. I'm really glad she could come, we got to talk about some really good stuff.

Since this class started I've been convicted of not spending enough time memorizing. The first night the speaker asked us, "If your Bible were taken away from you, how big would your Bible be?"

How convicting. I've thought about that question a quite a bit. I talked with Allie about how I struggle in this area and she's going to keep me accountable.

So I am going to memorize 1 Corinthians 1:26-29. I've always loved this passage.

"Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him."

-1 Corinthians 1:26-29

Those verses also go along with the ones I read in Jeremiah a couple of weeks ago.

"This is what the LORD says:
"Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom
or the strong man boast of his strength
or the rich man boast of his riches,

but let him who boasts boast about this:
that he understands and knows me,
that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness,
justice and righteousness on earth,
for in these I delight,"
declares the LORD."

-Jeremiah 9:23-24


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. Good for you Elyse!
God will bless your desire to know His Word better, and be faithful to you in your endeavor. We could all use that!
And this is a topic I've struggled with lately, not knowing the Word of God like I should. Hmmmm, cool. =)

I just think of the verse, "Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." That's such a promise. No worries accept to seek God. Now I think we can handle that! =D *WE* don't have to worry about our lack of faithfulness because *HE* is faithfulness for us! He will be faithful if we just seek Him and long to know Him better.

Encouragement!
Yes!

Ok. That's cool and I'm done. =)

Love you girl!

Anonymous said...

P.S. The first part was NOT supposed to rhyme. T_T For reals.
Haha.