Sunday, February 11, 2007

Something to remember

"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast
and have no compassion on the child she has borne?
Though she may forget,
I will not forget you!

See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
your walls are ever before me."

Isaiah 49:15-16

We are engraved in the palms of His hands. Our Saviour showed us this when they nailed his hands and feet to the cross. We are not forgotten, we are constantly on our Lord's mind!

"The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."

Zephaniah 3:17

When your week seems crazy (as in key to the razy) remember that God is with you. The word is near, yes it is in our hearts. He's never left us and He never will. Nothing can take us out of His hands.

And a side note, I helped with a service project last night where we went and fed the homeless in our area. Definitely eye opening and SO different from the well.... Nordstrom shopping, "No, this is actually my 3rd steamer for the day" people that live in my town. I'm reminded of how Jesus didn't hang out with the acceptable people most of the time. He was out working with the people that actually were willing to hear (more so than the "religious people").

God has not forgotten the homeless people that mostly everyone sees and goes, "You know, they are really all panhandlersand we should get them off the street" Then they drive away and they don't do a thing except to complain. I forget, as I eat my homemade yummy dinner, that there are two beautiful little girls that might go hungry because their Mom hasn't got a job or a house. I forget. Thank God He has never forgotten about me.

Because really, without Christ we are the homeless ones.

[a note, this was not intended to be a guilt tripping post.. So sorry. :) But there are things that we can do. I don't suggest handing money to guys on the street. Find out when you can go with your church, or another church. There are options.]


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I have a hard time when Mike Medved starts talking about putting homeless people in prison for being homeless. Frankly, I think it is wrong and not our place to put a judgement on someone because of their circumstances.

One thing though, Jesus did not agree with the religious leaders because they used the religion without really believing it. Christ's Apostles and many of His followers were believers and He hung out with them all the time. Also, most of the New Testament, which was written by Paul and the Apostles, was written to the Church, the believers, the righteous (as righteous as anyone can be, which is of course through Christ's righteousness).

Good post, though. I agree with you completely. You just have to remember that righteousness is always more desirable, which I'm sure you know.

Unknown said...

So THAT's what happens when you post at midnight!

:) Love ya