Monday, October 09, 2006

Blaaaahhh...


Umm.... Today was co-op. I tied for the highest score (I think) I got 99%, so WOOHOOO!!!! But I think I might have bombed the module test. Blaaaaaagh.... *frown* Grh. Looks like I need to go to the library on Friday to figure out what I'm doing wrong. The module test thing has pretty much drowned out the victory of the quiz.

OK, so I got back from a walk with my Mom and now I'm feeling like I can face this chemistry issue. It's not the end of the world, eh? I love my Mommy. You would love her too, if you got to know her.

:edit: Hey Kristy will you bring these balloons for my birthday party? =P

When we got home from co-op Diesel was stuck in a tree in the front yard. He was about 10 feet up the tree. We stood at the base and called him, but he couldn't figure out how to get down so he crawled up!!! After a while we just started laughing. We all decided that Diesel would come down when he got desperate and Dad said he would get the ladder if Diesel hadn't gotten down.

I came out about 5 minutes after everyone else went inside, I stood at the base of the tree and called him. He started making his way down. You should have seen me.... Talking to a tree. It sounded like this, "Come on baby!!! Come on Diesel!!! Good boy!!! NO! Don't climb up there Diesel, come down!!!!" Ha... Yeah the neighbors must think I'm weird. Whatever. Anyway, so Diesel finally made it to about 2 feet above my head, then he decided that he couldn't get down so he started climbing up! "NO DIESEL!!!!" At this point I wrapped myself around the tree and attempted to scooch up the tree. My family had heard my pleadings and Dad walked up and said, 'Elyse, get down from the tree." Ha... So my attempt to get the cat failed. Like I would have even made it 6 inches up the tree. John got a ladder and Dad got the cat. The funny thing is when my Dad was trying to get Diesel off the tree he was hanging on the tree for dear life!

Now he's in the back yard, hopefully. That cat seems intent on dying, from getting into John's engine for 10 hours to this tree thing. Weirdo. He lacks brains maybe, but I love him. He's still tiny, only 5 pounds. My pinky finger is as big as his nose. Tomorrow he goes to the vet, this will be his 3rd car ride. But he won't be riding in the engine this time!

Yes even the tree thing has a "moral" as one would say. It seems that God loves to show things to me through the most ordinary parts of my day, I love how He works in my life.

I was thinking about my idols, you know, the ones we cling too? Diesel went out in the front yard (where he shouldn't really be at this age, he'll go there someday but he needs to master the backyard first) and he wanted to explore, so he climbed a tree. Don't we do that? We go to places that we shouldn't be, things we shouldn't be doing, but we rationalize it to make it OK. God knows when we go to these idols, He knows (like we know cats really shouldn't climb trees when they can't get down by themselves) that we shouldn't have idols in our lives, so God meets us where we are and He calls us to let go of the idol. To come back to Him and when we hear His call we think, "What in the world? Why am I here when I could be doing so much better doing the Lord's will?" But we try and "kick the habit" our way, but we end up going farther away from God, like Diesel trying to get to us by climbing up the tree. We need to have faith that God has the best thing in mind, we need to let go, we need to come back down. Diesel had to listen to my cry while he climbed down, God helps us break the habit.

In the end we had to make the decision to break the habit, to "climb back down." God knows what's the best for us. What are the idols in your life? What trees have you been climbing?

"You shall have no other gods before me. "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand {generations} of those who love me and keep my commandments." Exodus 20:3-6

2 comments:

Keith M. said...

LOL! Celeste! Hey Elyse good article. And the encouragement that I know that my family isn't the only "weirdos" that say weirdo! Every time I say it people look at me like I am a weirdo or something ;)

Unknown said...

Arrgghhh, I will try matey....