Sunday, July 20, 2008

"You were dead." "What?!"

My blog is quite neglected, poor bloggy. I just spent a week with Kristy. Of course that does not explain my lack of interest in blogging. Sasha is leaving on Thursday. We might never see her again.

I don't cry often. When I do cry it's usually because someone hurt me, so I don't usually cry for reasons that aren't caused by sin. Either my own sin or someone else's. But today I cried. Bella stared at me. Max looked at me and said, "What?" Then he came over and said, "I'm going to give you a big hug." Like he could squeeze the tears away. So he hugged me, three times. Yeah.. He's sweet.

Anyway, so you can all use your imaginations, but saying goodbye to Sasha was really hard. I think it was so hard because I don't know if I will ever see her again. She isn't a Christian, so this really could be the last time I see her. But as I was driving home I thought about how she ended up with Kristy and Rob and our whole family. That was no accident, and I told myself that there was a plan behind that. That little crazy Ukrainian, who beats me at Uno, was meant to be with our family.

It was so interesting to only be able to show love to her. I couldn't talk to her about how Jesus is my best friend or how He is the only one who knows my hurts before I do. How can you talk to a person about Jesus when the person's most used phrase is, "What is this?!"? You can only show love. So we treated her like one of us, but with more hand motions.

Anyhoo, I WILL post pictures of camping, it was intense. So many adventures.

But now back to life? Dogs? School? Running?

Also, the cats are huge. It was shocking. Seriously.

2 comments:

Sir Brian The Manly said...

I prefer the showing love thing over telling people straight up. =P

Unknown said...

yes, please resume posting...at least you didn't talk to Sasha with an accent(um, Bella?)