Sunday, April 06, 2008

Ah, love...

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
-Ephesians 6:18

I love Jesus. I always said I loved Jesus but over the past few weeks I've been learning more about my relationship to Him and man.. I love Jesus.

I was at work a few weeks ago and I started praying something along the lines of, "You know Jesus, I'm so glad I can talk to you because I'd be pretty lonely if I was all by myself." It's the truth. My thought life is pretty random, but I usually merge in and out of prayer times during the day. Like I'll remember something that I need to pray about or even if I just feel like talking to Jesus (or just laughing at how amazing His sense of humor is, like a few weeks ago I was having a really hard time and I opened up the nearest Bible and it opened to Psalm 31. I read it and it was really what I needed and then I read verse nine, "Have mercy upon me, O LORD, for I am in trouble: mine eye is consumed with grief, yea, my soul and my belly." I burst out laughing, and then I was weeping and laughing. "yea, my soul and my belly." XD God is amazing, He reminded me that what I was going through would pass... And that I had things to laugh about.). It's pretty fantastic. And especially at work because you're pretty much alone with about six dogs for eight hours and you go a little crazy sometimes, but I found myself talking to Jesus more at work just because I wasn't doing homework or dealing with people. That's when I realized how nice it is to have Him always there.. Always listening. What if I wasn't a Christian? I would have gone CRAZY. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but after five hours of being in a big room all alone with dogs.. Throwing balls for them... You either talked to the dogs, yourself or Jesus.

One time I took Kona outside for a walk and I was talking to her partially and mostly to myself and I looked up and some guy was doing landscaping work. I laughed at myself for a while. But see!!! If you talk to yourself all the time you go CRAZY. So I was really glad to be able to talk to Jesus. lol.

Jesus keeps my sanity. (And also, I've just got to the New Testament in my chronological journey through the Bible and I'm in Matthew... I don't think it's ever struck me before just how often Jesus healed people... It's crazy! But I shall post about that at another time.)

No comments: