Wednesday, August 01, 2007

BRAIN DUMP!

This is a combination of pictures and a journal entry from camping. The words and the pictures cannot due justice to the amazing piece of handiwork that God did when He made that sunset. This is a brain dump. It is to help me remember what God has done in my life. "Sin isn't our biggest problem, forgetting is." Yesterday was gray and cold. Camping was alright but it was very cold. At the end of the day was sat around the fire, gradually we noticed the sun was out (instead of being hidden by clouds). The trees had orange shadows on them from the sunset. We were awed by the beauty and we rushed down to the waterfront.

The sun shone out between two pink sun rays that bounced over any clouds they came across. We could finally see blue sky, it was crowned by the golden circle of the sun. The sky was blue, pink, orange, gray, and golden. Just before the sun set 3 golden streaks that looked like lighting bolts came out from the sun. Words simply cannot do it justice (or pictures).
Today there were no clouds, it was pretty warm and it was lovely. But the sunset was just ok.
We realized that the clouds make it better. I can appreciate a beautiful sunset (especially if it's refracting off of clouds) on a day where I haven't seen any sun better than I can appreciate a sunset of a day where I have seen sun all day.

The trials I experience now makes the joys I have now all the more wonderful.

A few examples:

Jesus. He endured the cross and scorned its shame for the joy set before Him. (Hebrews 12:2)

Job. "How shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" (Job 2:10)

God has the right to do what he wants. This last year has been filled with trails and joys. Just in the last month and a half Diesel ran away and Boomer died.

I say in all truth that God has the right.

He has the right to bless and to take, but he does all of this for our good. "And we know that in all things God works for the good for those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. What, then, shall we say in respond to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own son, but gave Him up for us all- how will He not also, along with Him graciously give us all things?" (Romans 8:28, 31-32)

I trust Him. Never once has He put me in a place where I truly lacked anything I needed. Truly He blessed me with things that I didn't need, but it showed me His huge and intimate love.

When I saw that amazing sunset I had complete peace about going back to school. I realized that anyone who could make something that beautiful can peaceful can makes things that peaceful and beautiful happen in the fall, winder, and spring.

Oh and a couple of days after I wrote this I read this in My Utmost for His Highest. Very cool. :)

1 comment:

Sir Brian The Manly said...

Oh man, typos all over! Were you homeschooled? ;)

I've been learning a thing or two about trials lately (or trails as you sometimes call them, haha). I still hate them, but I know they can be good for us. ...which is a helpful thing to know when going through them. =P

(Speaking of trials, I have a few scheduled for next Sunday! I'd better get ready..)