Tuesday, December 04, 2007

A first timer....

Well guys... I have now been officially introduced to the world of inconsiderate drivers. Now some might consider me to be inconsiderate, after all they have to be at their destination at a certain time and if I am blocking their path and because of my speed they might find me to be inconsiderate of their needs.

But, I would like to state that there are STILL speed laws in our country and yes, they should actually be followed. I am not perfect in my driving, no one is... But seriously...

So I was coming home from school today and the speed limit over the old bridge is 45 because they are still doing construction on there. Do you think people actually go 45? That's right. They don't. So anyway, one girl passed me without any mean stares or anything, but then this 20-some year old guy was stuck behind me. So he was pretty much not happy with me, but he was on his cell phone, probably complaining about the girl in front of him that had the AUDACITY to go the speed limit!!! That's reasonable I suppose, if you don't care about those little signs that tell you the MAXIMUM speed you can go. Anyway, we got off the bridge and he honked at me. Then he got off the freeway and I looked over because he accelerated (as if to show me how fast I should be going) and then he flipped me off. I was pretty much entertained by this fact, I was not mad and if he had been going the speed limit OR if he left EARLY then he would not have been mad. But as I was dealing with my attitude about the incident I remembered James 1:19-20. My anger does not bring about the righteousness of God, my anger just usually gets me in trouble.

I ask you, my readers, to consider those who you consider to be inconsiderate. If you are impatient because someone is going slow just ask yourself if tailgating, honking your horn, or flipping them off will ACTUALLY make them go faster! Or if it will just make them mad.

Thank you, considerate American drivers.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Sir Brian The Manly said...

I would've gotten mad. Either that or made silly faces at him.

Anonymous said...

your story made me laaaaauuuuggghhh!!!

Ashlily said...

ahhh the evilness.just embrace it.we have cookies.
http://www.catharsiscomic.com/archive.php?strip=120302-155034.jpg

smile ^_^