Sunday, September 17, 2006

*yawns*


I'm pretty tired right now, I got a decent amount of sleep last night but I'm still recovering from Friday night. I think I stayed up until about 4:30 in the morning. I'll probably take a nap soon, after I study for chemistry.

I was thinking about modesty about a week ago, a quote that I read said something like, "Modesty should never attract people, it should point to Jesus." It went something like that. On the drive over to Pullman my Dad said, "There's kind of a quiet beauty here." When I was little I hated seeing the hills, the hills go on for hours and it gets boring. But I could see what my Dad was talking about, the hills aren't really anything special in themselves, they are just there doing what God made them to do. As we drove I looked at the hills and it just seemed like the beauty that the hills have is just God's creation giving glory to Him.

I think modesty is like that, it just points to Jesus and what He has done to save us. Modesty is boring to some people, people who don't understand why we are modest, people who probably don't know the Savior. Just like I thought the hills were ugly when I was little, I longed for water not boring hills covered with wheat.

We should be living our lives in a way that shows our neighbors that we aren't of this world, we should be declaring God in the way we live and speak.

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world. In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun, which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion, like a champion rejoicing to run his course. It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other; nothing is hidden from its heat."
This post is most likely not making sense, but I'm really tired so that's my excuse. I'll try and get a post about my weekend up at some point. I think I'll go take a nap.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What, you're tired of going to Pullman? Is that the underlying message of this post?

Anonymous said...

i, too, used to hate the drive to pullman.

then i realized i'd be living here. now it IS kind of pretty :-P