Saturday, June 03, 2006

Did you know that I've always wanted to...


Do this? Well, now you do.

Dad and I just finished watching Shall We Dance, no not the dumb J Lo film. The good wholesome, funny old movie.

It's not like I can go gliding around the stage (not that I could even do it with both legs) now, but I always thought it would be fun.

When I was little I wanted to be a tap dancer, of course I also wanted to be a ballerina, and you all know where that's led me... No where.

Okay, okay so maybe I just want to dance around the stage with Fred Astaire, amazing guy.

I've always thought Ginger was really, really cool. She's my hero... Kind of. XD

I suppose I'll never do that, but I have my dreams. But Madeline was saying something about signing up for ballroom dancing class this summer, she said that I should join her...


BUT WHERE'S MY FRED ASTAIRE!?!?!

:edit: Doesn't it look like Fred is scratching Ginger's head?


10 comments:

Kaits said...

I tried on ballroom shoes at the dance store my sister works at. Wow. Those heels are high. I could barely walk.

<3 Fred Astaire

Elyse said...

This has only slightly dampend my hope of one day being a ballroom dancer. =D

I'm thinking that I would trip if I tried ballroom dancing. With the shoes and amount of talent required. I'd need Fred to catch me. :)

Unknown said...

You and your old movies,
gee whiz skipper

Anonymous said...

I can see it now...

NOW PREFORMING: ELYSE SNELSON AND FRED ASTAIRE, THE DYNAMIC DUO

Anonymous said...

Yes, you MUST join me in ballroom, salsa, and tango lessions this summer. That would be like the most awesome thing ever!!!!!!

Elyse said...

Kristy: Hey, just cause you can't concentrate on the slower going movies.... :P

Curley: Sadly, that will only happen in my secret of secret dreams. :'(

Madeline (aka Screaming Eagle): Heh, but my Dad doesn't approve of dancing. So there's another obsticle to my dreams. I can see you and the cowboy with gouchos (you know who I mean, don't you? XD) ballroom dancing. But there still is that height difference. =D That would be a memorable thing to do this summer though, I think I would die from the funness.

Anonymous said...

wow thats one gross foot you got there so tell me about the phone message at youth group

Anonymous said...

I think Judy Garland originally was going to play Ginger's part. And then she had drug problems...(go figure)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Elyse: Miriam (of the Bible) danced. God created us to move, so long as it's glorifying Him. And I definitely think that dancing is a very good thing if it's good, clean fun.

Elyse said...

Cyd: It's not a matter of dancing, to honor God by oneself. It's more of a matter of a guy and a girl dancing. My Dad just doesn't think it's appropriate. I can understand why...

Ginger = teh bomb. I would have wept if Judy Garland had got it.

Oh and Cyd, thanks for commenting! :)